Dental visits play an important part in maintaining your oral health. But what if you are afraid of your dentist and the thought of visiting a dentist freaks you? Don’t let dental phobia prevent you from getting the care you need by experienced Kerrisdale dentist. With these simple tips, overcome your Dental Phobia.
- Realize that your fear can be overcome. Fear is a learned behavior, therefore it can be unlearned.
- There is no reason to be embarrassed by your fear of the dentist. Many people around the world share this phobia. It shouldn’t keep you from getting proper dental care, which can have serious effects on your health and ability to socialize.
- Tell the dentist about your fears. This information will help the dentist determine how to best manage and address those fears. By letting the dentist know exactly why the experience is difficult for you, you will feel more control in the examination chair.
- Remember that dental procedures have greatly improved in the past few years. Modern dentistry offers new methods and treatment options to make you feel comfortable.
- Find a dentist you are comfortable with and establish a trusting relationship. Find a best dentist in Vancouver who makes you feel at ease and is willing to work with you on your fears.
- Visit the office and talk to the staff before your first appointment. You should feel free to meet with the dentist and to ask questions before scheduling your appointment. Meeting the dentist and his or her staff first will help you find a dentist you like and trust.
- If your anxiety is extreme, talk to your dentist about pain control medications and sedation dentistry.
With these tips, overcome Dental Phobia and don’t let the fear overpower you…!!!